Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Social Networking@ Work

I began blogging for mostly professional reasons (check out my first entry). Here and there I run across articles on companies that internally (and externally) exploit blogs, and forums for business use. For larger companies I can kind of see the value of this use but still wonder about : A) Don't most of these companies have Intranets for corporate information / happenings, B) How to keep employees from 'blogging' the day away, C) policing of content.

If you're using blogs / forums internally, what was the business motivation to do so, how was is sold to management, and how is it operated(content policies, etc)?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Matt said...

I blog personally about my profession, so the line is sort of muddled. I haven't advertised my blog within the company, and I have gone to lengths to make sure that my company isn't associated with my blog at all.

Most people in my company didn't know I had a blog until I hit the front page of Slashdot!